Sunday, October 26, 2008

Spin with Victor one of our top Cyclists!!!

I just found out after the RTC Century ride that Victor instructs spin classes. Victor is one of our top cyclists and an amazing triathlete. While he routinely takes 1st place in his age group his strongest disapline is the bike.

We are always looking for opportunities to get together and train - here is a great one that will work well for those on the east side or Henderson. I asked Victor to tell me about his class...

Dave:

I've been a spin class instructur for about 3 and a half years. I work at the 24-Hour Fitness on Silverado and Maryland.

My schedule is: Mon and Wed, 9am. I also sub at the clubs on Wigwam and Pecos, Tropicana and Decatur, Green Valley and the one in Henderson, Basic Rd and Boulder Hwy.

My classes are very intense, basically simulate road racing situations, climbs, sprints, tempo and fast descends. I employ 90% classic rock with some blues, country and a bit of modern top 40 stuff. The average member burns about 1100 calories per session which last 1 hour. I average about 1300 to 1400 calories per hour, mind you that I have to talk during the session and that requires a bit more energy.

I'm proud to say that I have been selected as the top instructor in the last year and a half, something I'm proud of. Hopefully this coming spring, when the company holds its seminars, I will be leading a bike-fit class, another on how to properly ride a spin bike and maybe some nutritional information, we'll see. One of the reasons I've been succesful at spinning is that do in class exactly what I do on the road, many other instructors are not experienced in road racing and do carzy things on the bike that you would normally not do on the road. Well, that's about it...........Had a great time today chatting with you and others, it was a great day!!!...........See you later, Victor................................PS: Don't forget the time trial, I think it will go great!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I would like to speak with Victor. if you can get me an email address or phone number. I have developed a new kind of indoor cycle that simulates very closely what it feels like to ride a real bike. It is called the RealRyder and we have shown it to top triathletes, spin instructors and competitive cyclists and universally they loved it! Please go to our web site to see it is for real and check out the videos on you tube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdErmg6syHw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rL1bLk7XYYU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erzzpuj1Reo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD3A-A_Dwas

www.realryder.com

Regards,

Sean


Sean Harrington, President
RealRyder International LLC
RealRyder™ABF8
3200 Airport Avenue, Unit 21
Santa Monica, CA 90405
800-976-6280...310-390-1803...Cell 310-740-0331...Skype sean.harrington7
Fax 310-881-1268
sean@realryder.com...www.realryder.com