Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Training Opportunities for beginners/intermediates

Hi Everyone -Your president here - the new season is upon us. Some of you have been making plans to do your first offical tri and other are moving up to the olympic distance. Many of you have reservations about making those commitments - what if I fail? my swim really sucks, my bike is ok, I think I can get through the run but I am just not sure about it all. Well my friends we have all been there. Each person has their own way of dealing with challenges and the unknown but most people get through these things with practice and coaching.

This is going to sound like an ad - it is not - it is my personal opinion. We have a couple of coaches that are offering programs during this pre-season - early season, Jackie Arcana and Kara Robertson/Paul Fritz. Jackie has put it all together in a series of coached work outs covering swimming, running and biking - basically $10 per sesion. Kara and Paul just got done with a stroke clinic about $12 per session. I took part in the stroke clinic - my understanding of how to swim freestyle increased significantly over 4 sessions.

The club supports what these people are doing because they are dedicated to helping us - these prices are extremely reasonable. If you need advice, technique improvement, confidence and encouragement please do yourself a favor and contact these people. Jackie's training has begun but maybe you can work something out 376-0437. Kara is putting together another clinic I believe 498-2316.

No comments: