Monday, June 2, 2008

BBSC Endurance Sports Background by Tony

BBSC Endurance Sportsby Old Tri Guy Tony Taylor (68-69 years old) - volunteer, sometimes participant 20 May 2008

If you've heard of BBSC (Endurance Sports), did you ever wonder what the heck "BBSC" stands for? When I first met Brogg I was unsure about how to pronounce his name. His name kinda reminds me of a character in the old 'Lil Abner cartoon (hope that's politically correct . it shows my age). I asked Brogg what BBSC stands for. The answer: it the first letters of his, his wife's, and his first two children's names. (Their third son was born after Endurance Sports was named.)

I like to volunteer for tris and runs - I'm retired and I find it's better and more fulfilling than a gym workout. One reason I like to volunteer for Brogg is that I like his family. While volunteering for some of his events, I would bump into people who were introduced as Brogg's family members. I finally put it all together (sometimes I'm slow), that Brogg's family is actively involved with his events. I was so impressed about how they all helped out.

Here is the family: (it's polite to list ladies first . my Mum and Dad [both British] told me so) Mom is Keene; Dad is Greg; sisters are Entity and Aubrion (neat names and different . I have trouble spelling and pronouncing Aubrion too). Aunt Kathy (Keene's sister) and Grandma Mary also help out.Grandma Mary grew up in Nelson, Nevada while it was an active mining town.How's that for history?! When I'm at Brogg's tris I try to let everyone know that this is a family affair and introduce the triathletes to Brogg's extended family. I'm proud to know them.

No comments: